Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Job Summary: In this role you will be tasked with creating compelling video marketing material for universities across the country. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a team composed of videographers, photographers, and producers to execute productions. The role requires traveling to partnership sites across the US and traveling as part of a team to do onsite shoots. You will be able to work remotely while not traveling with a requirement to come to the corporate office for meetings, demonstrations and training. Must live within the Greater Indianapolis area. Portfolio required for consideration.
What You Will Do:
- Conceives of and develops creative solutions for addressing University initiatives through audio-visual mediums
- Produces content as required which may include photographs, motion pictures, motion graphics, animation, audio and music.
- Executes shoots at designated location which includes the set up and direction of lighting, audio, camera operation and talent.
- Works closely with producer in charge, determines content and format of productions, and adapts shooting on location rapidly according to stakeholders’ feedback as necessary.
- Conducts interviews with students, staff, faculty, alumni and campus visitors and ensures that valuable sound bites are captured.
- Maintains all equipment in proper working order including troubleshooting and minor repairs as necessary.
What You Will Have:
- Production: Sound knowledge of full video with audio production and postproduction techniques.
- Editing, Equipment and Tech: Demonstrated ability to Skilled proficiency in using Premiere or Davinci Resolve, Skilled proficiency in using Adobe Creative Suite. Willingness to learn new technology platforms and apply in production environments. Ability to operate a Mac computer and a proficiency with basic office software.
- Team and Customer Service: Responsive to feedback and customer needs even when ambiguous; agile and able to pivot quickly during projects with shifting priorities and themes; open, receptive, and willing to use expertise to clarify the goals of customers when they are unsure of the direction they want. Demonstrated ability to work both cooperatively and independently in a team-based work setting; ability to work effectively and professionally with individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ working experience in creating and executing cinematic. Experience in operating Video Cameras, EFP, sound recording equipment and lighting equipment and production. Experience with digital workflows for images and videos. Experience in professional commercial broadcast experience preferred a plus. Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university or college preferred