Travel Nurse Educator
Clinical Nurse Educators Needed
Are you interested in taking a break from bedside nursing? We are looking for experienced nurses with a passion for educating and mentoring the next generation of nurses. We are an ABSN program looking to hire qualified nurse educators for a semester contract. The primary responsibility is teaching in a clinical setting to undergraduate nursing students. This position will allow you to expand your teaching resume by working in a Med Surg environment with a maximum student ratio of 8:1.
Location: We have established clinical sites in the Norfolk, VA area
Schedule: Nurse Educators will work approximately 36 hours per week
Orientation: Week of Sept 6 onsite
Clinical: Sept 7 - November 28
Compensation: $30 per hour (taxable), housing $900, food $450 per week (non-taxable)
Clinical Area: Med Surg
What You Will Do:
- Facilitate effective student learning in the appropriate clinical setting.
* Provide adequate guidance for students in the clinical setting related to professionalism, practice, and research.
- Ensure effective evaluations of student practice.
- Provide a supportive learning environment.
- Provide feedback about the teaching/learning process to Course Coordinators and Director of Nursing Services.
- Collaborate effectively with the Healthcare Partner and its staff.
- Maintain and Teach Nursing Knowledge
- Maintain knowledge of the Nursing curriculum, policies, and requirements.
- Maintains clinical competence and knowledge in area of expertise.
What You Will Have:
- Master's degree in nursing with 3 years nursing experience preferred -or- BSN with 5 year of nursing experience and currently enrolled in an MSN program
- Unencumbered current Virginia State or Compact License RN License (ability to obtain license)
- Teaching Experience: Evidence of a minimum two years of teaching experience (preferred)
- Clinical Competence: Able to function with professional accountability in clinical settings.
- Technology Competence: Ability to learn university learning management systems
- Enthusiasm for supporting students in a clinical environment, focused on experiential learning, quality, and safety. Excellent relationship building skills with clinical staff.