Simulation Operations Specialist
The Simulation Operation Specialist (SOS) plays an integral role on the nursing education team ensuring that all simulation equipment is maintained, set up, stored and cleaned for each student simulation scenario. The SOS will also have responsibility over the student lab; maintaining all supplies, set up, tear down based on the curriculum. The SOS will have responsibility for the installation, maintenance, and general operation of sophisticated high, mid, and low fidelity simulation equipment, task trainers, audio-visual equipment, and computers used in the training of healthcare professionals. This is a very trainable role! Those with computer/tech skills, have an understanding of human anatomy and like the behind-the-scenes aspect of the role will be do well! This is a collaborative team where the nursing education team will work in tandem with the SOS on a daily basis.
Academic Partner: Madonna University, ABSN Program
Site address: 25925 Telegraph Road, Southfield, MI
Target hire date: August 2022
Schedule: onsite role, Mon-Fri standard business hours
What You Will Do:
- Operate and maintain simulation equipment, task trainers, computerized simulators, and virtual reality procedural trainers with the ability to follow medical aspects of scenarios and make appropriate adjustments to technology systems.
- Perform program maintenance and repair of the simulators, software, hardware and audiovisual equipment.
- Be responsible for the orientation, training and ongoing support of simulation faculty during simulation.
- Collaborates with clinical faculty during simulations with the ability to make appropriate adjustments based on needs of the particular scenario.
- Act as a standardized patient (actor in the role of a patient) when needed.
- Creates and maintains life-cycle maintenance plans for all laboratory equipment.
- Manage lab supplies.
- Set up and maintenance of simulation lab and classroom.
- Collaborates with vendors for maintenance and repair of equipment, including implementation hardware and software updates.
- Operation of audio-video recording systems.
What You Will Have:
- Interest in Simulation with experience in Computer Science, Instructional Technology or HealthCare
- Two or more years of experience working with simulation in an educational institution or equivalent setting preferred
- Technical skills and experience in the following is a plus:
- B-Line, LLEAP Software, Laerdal manikins (low to high), Laerdal Sim View System, Multiple task trainers (IV Arms, Foley Trainers), Advanced Personal Computer, Operations, IP Networking, Learning Management System or other LMS experience, AV use and troubleshooting
- A collaborative work style that contributes to the overall goals of the nursing education experience
- A intellectually curious and problem solving mindset that seeks solutions independently