Simulation Operations Specialist
The Simulation Specialist will have responsibility for the installation, maintenance, and general operation of sophisticated high, mid, and low fidelity simulation equipment, task trainers, audio-visual equipment, and computers used in the training of healthcare professionals. They should be able to provide exceptional customer service, including the ability to express technical information effectively to non-technical persons. Ideally the successful incumbent will also have knowledge of and experience with clinical training equipment and simulation lab operations. This position will report to the Director of Nursing Academic Services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate and maintain simulation equipment, task trainers, computerized simulators, and virtual reality procedural trainers with the ability to follow medical aspects of scenarios, and make appropriate adjustments to technology systems.
- Perform program maintenance and repair of the simulators, software, hardware and audiovisual equipment.
- Be responsible for the orientation, training and ongoing support of simulation faculty during simulation.
- Collaborates with clinical faculty during simulations with the ability to make appropriate adjustments based on needs of the particular scenario.
- Act as a standardized patient (actor in the role of a patient) when needed.
- Creates and maintains life-cycle maintenance plans for all laboratory equipment.
- Manage lab supplies.
- Set up and maintenance of simulation lab and classroom.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule to fit the needs of internal clients.
- Collaborates with vendors for maintenance and repair of equipment, including implementation hardware and software updates.
- Operation of audio-video recording systems.
- Provide appropriate guidance to students in the simulation setting related to professionalism, practice, and research.
- Coordinate learning activities with the Lab Faculty at DE MSN location.
- Maintain current knowledge of the DE MSN Nursing curriculum, policies, and requirements.
- Traveling may be required for training/educational purposes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Interest in Simulation with experience in Computer Science, Instructional Technology or HealthCare
- Two or more years of experience working with simulation in an educational institution or equivalent setting preferred.
Technical skills and experience in the following is a plus:
- LLEAP Software
- Laerdal manikins (low to high)
- Laerdal Sim View System
- Multiple task trainers (IV Arms, Foley Trainers)
- Advanced Personal Computer Operations
- IP Networking
- Learning Management System or other LMS experience
- AV use and troubleshooting