Senior Content Specialist
The Senior Content Specialist works with varying levels of autonomy to develop, plan, write and supply fresh, creative ideas for a variety of platforms. The Senior Content Specialist will write for digital lead-generation campaigns across multiple channels for multiple clients, with copywriting assignments including print collateral, website content, blogs, social media posts (paid ads and organic), lifecycle marketing emails, scripts for broadcast channels (radio, TV and OTT) and digital video scripts.
Additionally, he/she will work autonomously and collaboratively with the Content Manager, Brand Managers and Channel Owners to create compelling content that supports our strategic goals and adheres to our university partners’ specific brand styles and tones. The Senior Content Specialist also acts as liason to other departments and teams when the Content Manager is unavailable and serves as a mentor to junior team members.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Brand Managers and Channel Owners in supporting inbound and outbound strategies and content to address specific client goals
- Oversee the creation of content that supports our inbound, paid, traditional and lifecycle email marketing and admissions strategies
- Write content that generates results with the target audience while remaining compliant with brand and voice guidelines
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders across the organization to concept messaging and themes for marketing campaigns, refine storytelling and recruit interview subjects to formulate cross-platform content strategies
- Ideate, create and optimize copy for short- and long-form marketing content to align with brand standards and marketing objectives, including blog posts, social media ads, digital banner ads, email campaigns, TV spots, radio, print, website copy, etc.
- Collaborate with in-house designers and outside agencies to create compelling infographics
- Foster collaboration between Content and other channels and departments
- Provide editorial, creative and technical support and thought leadership; pitch new ideas to enhance creative solutions and be a mentor to more junior team members
- Edit and optimize existing content as well as writing from other writers for grammar, brand style, search and user experience
- Assist with PR and event marketing, including creation of press releases and other media materials as needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in journalism, marketing, English or related field
- Five or more years of professional writing, editing and marketing experience, preferably for the education or healthcare industries
- Must be able to adapt content strategy and writing style to fit the specifications of our clients
- In-depth knowledge and experience in copywriting, content creation, market research and analysis, and development of marketing strategy
- Excellent short-form and long-form writing skills in a variety of voices and tones to work across various media; experience writing marketing copy for broadcast platforms preferred
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Excellent grasp of grammar and AP style
- Experience with interviewing subjects for storytelling preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Highly organized, able to juggle multiple deadlines and shift between multiple accounts quickly if needed
- Ability to develop collaborative working relationships with colleagues, management and internal/external customers
Writing sample required. Please provide a link to your online portfolio or upload writing sample documents with your application.