Product Development Project Manager
Transforming Online Education
Do you want to join a fast growing, competitive, and innovative company helping people change lives? Join the team at our corporate office in Carmel, IN as a Product Development Project Manager. Bring your tech knowledge and creativity and join the fun!
*This position is open to Remote work or onsite.
Orbis is changing the face of healthcare education. We are the nation's leading third-party manager of online and accelerated degree programs focused exclusively on fast-growing healthcare professions. The partnerships we create between universities and healthcare organizations help alleviate anticipated workforce shortages by providing a steady pipeline of well-educated healthcare practitioners for the future. Every Orbis team member plays a role in this process.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Product Development Project Manager (PDPM) is responsible for advancing the company’s mission and strategic plan by managing the resources needed to ensure that learning objects and product development projects are deployed on-time and on-budget. This individual is responsible for managing multiple projects of varying sizes while adhering to a project management methodology.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure effective communication throughout all levels of the organization
- Work with Instructional Designers and the Product Development Team to streamline and implement product development process and procedures in order to maximize efficiencies
- Effectively manage cross-functional and matrixed teams. Serve as coordinator for product development team activities. Provide team with project goals, scope, task assignment and timelines
- Research, create, and present project plans to the teams, including identifying viable alternatives for solving problems, gathering and documenting project requirements
- Generate and distribute various reports for current and new programs
- Maintain project schedules
- Identify risks and create risk mitigation plans
What You Will Have:
- Project Management Skills: Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to effectively manage projects supporting multiple business units simultaneously.
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills; works well with other functional groups, and can communicate effectively with all levels of the company and external business partners.
- Team Building: Ability to foster collaboration across the organization. Must be comfortable working in a matrix organization which balances direct authority and consensus building.
- Strength with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and other related project management and communications tools.
- Good problem-solving skills, be task-oriented, and decisive.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, exciting, entrepreneurial environment.
- The ability to work additional hours as needed, and travel as necessary (up to 25%). Must exude hands-on "whatever it takes" attitude.
Why Our Product Development Team Members Like It Here:
- The opportunity to work on a variety of innovative projects, such as Extended Reality (XR) simulations, high-end interactive learning objects and applications that ultimately impact students' ability to provide excellent patient care
- Learning new things and developing/refining their skills
- Working with a team of very talented individuals focused on creating the best product while supporting each other
- Work/life balance
- Creating a meaningful experience for the student
- Opportunities for growth
Experience and Education:
- A minimum of 3 years of Project Management experience (Experience managing multiple projects preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other project management certification preferred. Understanding of Higher Education Industry with software development, a plus.