Part Time Lab Coordinator, Nursing Education
The Part Time Lab Coordinator/Simulation Operation Specialist (SOS) plays an integral role on the nursing education team ensuring that all simulation equipment is maintained, set up, stored, and cleaned for each student lab experience and simulation scenario. The Lab Coordinator/SOS will oversee the student lab; maintaining all supplies, set up, tear down based on the curriculum. The individual will have responsibility for stocking par level quantities of the skill lab supplies. This candidate will possess an exceptional communication skill as they will be interacting with faculty and students routinely. This position reports to the Director, Nursing Services.
Academic Partner: Marian University Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Site Location: 9002 Purdue Road, Indianapolis IN
Schedule: Part time hours, Mon-Wed, between the hours of 8am and 5pm. Occasional Thursday or Friday part time hours for simulation. Approximately 29 hours per week total.
What You Will Have:
- Expressed interest in healthcare simulation along with pursuing healthcare simulation knowledge and education
- Understanding of AV systems software
- Use of PC, the Internet, simulation equipment, and basic nursing equipment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Two or more years of experience working in simulation in an education institution or equivalent setting preferred.
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
What You Will Do:
- Provides support in the use of simulation equipment in healthcare settings
- Prepares and maintains lab equipment and materials related to simulation
- Operates patient simulators for the duration of simulations
- Assists in training faculty in the use of simulation equipment and collaborates in maintenance and repair by troubleshooting immediate issues with simulation equipment and all other equipment used in relation to the simulations
- Sets up and tears down rooms in preparation for various simulations
- Provides recommendations on equipment, supplies and materials
- Maintains current knowledge of simulation equipment catalogs and operation manuals
- May operate and maintain audio/visual equipment
What we’ll offer in return:
- A career where your work genuinely makes a difference
- A stable income with a good salary
- Extensive training with team and management support
- Structured professional development plans and opportunities
- Collaborative and supportive team environment...and more!
Who is Orbis Education? Orbis partners with colleges and universities to expand their pre-licensure healthcare programs. Our partners leverage our expertise to produce thousands of high-quality graduates ready to enter the workforce and meet employers’ demands