Operations Services and Safety Associate
The position provides professional level operational support for all facilities operational areas and provides services in areas of customer service, procurement and asset management. The OSSA monitors access to the facility, patrols the site, responds to emergencies, and documents incidents. This role will also integrate into the facilities team and participate in activities for multiple locations (mostly virtual) in support activities as described above.
* This position will be an onsite role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts as needed and coordinates facility condition assessments and inspections; identifies general corrective maintenance as necessary for proper facility maintenance and operation
- Maintains and manages physical asset and supply inventory
- Serves as an application support team member for facilities for its operating systems; builds knowledge and understanding of system functionality to update configuration of workflows and approvals and data management and reporting in the systems.
- Informs end users of changes in systems and trains them to utilize systems
- Handles special projects or initiatives related to Facilities
- Watches for, reports and responds to reports of irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Participates in disaster/emergency drills and recommends changes based upon drills and effective evacuation.
- Performs related duties consistent with scope and intent of employee assignment; as well as other duties when needed to ensure facilities department meets service deadlines
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to gain knowledge and understanding of: Operations processes and workflows, Preventive maintenance, Procurement principles, Budgeting principles and Sustainability practices and apply knowledge and understanding to update operational guidelines and policies, evaluation of vendors, and updating of systems which control work management.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to work with sensitive, con?dential information discreetly, ethically, and in accordance with company policies and state policies.
- Act collaboratively to solve problems and resolve spontaneous and unique situations with professionalism and service orientation
- Work irregular and flexible hours as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma
- Work experience in customer service role
- Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends depending on scheduled events.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check
- An Associate’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Certifications in CPR, First Aid and/or First Responder
- Experience working in facilities department responsible for maintenance and stewardship of physical property and assets.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work involves walking and standing
- Frequent contact with staff, students, guests, external investigative personnel, first responders and/or members of the surrounding communities.
- Occasional lifting and carrying; may lift up to 50 pounds or more on rare occasions.
- Frequently reaches with arms above shoulders, upward, outward and sideways.
- Frequently uses hearing and participates in active listening over phones, communication devices, with students, staff, guests, external investigative staff, first responders, the public and members of the community.
- Constantly communicates verbally and in writing/electronically to generate/compose communications or to respond to questions, general inquiries, complaints and to deal with external customers/suppliers.
- Frequently grabs, grasps, holds, feels, pushes, pulls with hands and wrist, using back and/or legs.
- Use of vision/corrected vision frequently and has hand-eye coordination.