Operational Support- Remote
The primary role of the Operational Support I (OS I) position is to support existing business processes built across a variety of platforms, tools, and services, such as Evaluation Kit, Smartsheet, Tableau, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and/or SQL Server Reporting Studio. Prior knowledge of all applications will not be required. The OS I will audit and maintain data centric business process projects, as well as provide technical support and reporting to internal and/or external stakeholders. Stakeholders may not have a technical background, so a strong attention to detail, patience, and effective communication skills are also needed for success on a service focused team. The OS I should understand and be able to escalate issues appropriately. The OS I will report to their supervisor, the Business Process Manager (BPM), which resides in the Learning Technology department. Limited travel required with notice.
Salary range for this position is $50,000-$65,000 annually.
*This is a remote position.
Primary Responsibilities /Accountabilities/ Essential Functions:
1. Semester/Term Maintenance - Complete duties and responsibilities listed below with assistance and/or oversight from an BPM, when applicable.
a. Update semester/term specifications, where necessary, to ensure reports and dashboards reflect current semester/term data
b. Create Smartsheet backups for incoming sheets from functional departments
c. Ensure excessive backups in Smartsheet Admin inbox are archived
2. Create, audit, and administer academic course evaluations and related survey data - Complete duties and responsibilities listed below with assistance and/or oversight from an BPM, when applicable.
a. Maintain existing course evaluation projects
1. Audit projects for teacher/TA enrollment issues
2. Create course evaluation projects for current semester terms
3. Work with E-Learning Services team to ensure all project details are correct prior to project deployment
4. Provide ongoing response rate communication updates to internal and external stakeholders
5. Maintain response rate updates in Evaluation Kit
6. Response Rate Smartsheet tracker
7. Add any new survey question ID numbers to SQL Server administrative app
b. Create term Post Graduate Survey projects
1. Pull graduate data from SalesForce report or partner provided report
2. Audit data to ensure accuracy prior to creating project
3. Create project in Education Survey EvaluationKit site
4. Pull bifurcated data reports; upload to Box; deliver to designated stakeholders
c. Create partner specific term Satisfaction Surveys
1. Complete Intake sheet as necessary
2. Create project in Control Center
3. Update necessary sheet links
4. Audit Stripo templates as necessary
5. Send out survey emails with follow-up emails for three weeks
6. Confirm incoming survey data in reports and dashboards
3. Audit and proof academic nursing department process data - Complete duties and responsibilities listed below with assistance and/or oversight from an BPM, when applicable.
a. Faculty Pay Process - work with internal academic partner leads Director Nursing Services/Clinical Faculty Coordinators (DNS/CFC) to ensure:
1. Smartsheet Salary Grid is updated for semester/term
2. Audit Smartsheet Clinical Tracker data for accuracy prior to each FSOps payroll submission
3. Assist DNS/CFC with corrections to submitted payroll data
4. Train newly hired VP Nursing Services (VPNS), DNS, CFC on payroll process
5. Provide ongoing support to VPNS, DNS and CFC
b. Global Tutoring process
1. Set up new partners adopting Global Tutoring in Smartsheet
2. Train new partners
3. Provide ongoing support
c. Prepare Smartsheet Dynamic Views and Smartsheet WorkApp for new GCE payroll partners
d. Prepare and create new Smartsheet DNS workspaces for non-GCE payroll partners
4. Provide and Maintain Effective Communication - Complete duties and responsibilities listed below with assistance and/or oversight from an BPM
a. Professionally and appropriately communicate with manager, functional department staff, external department staff
b. Attend appropriate meetings '
c. Provide professional and appropriate relationship management both internally and externally
5. Special Projects
a. Manage and ensure completion of any assigned special projects for the Business Process Operations Team
b. Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Bachelor’s degree in education, technology, IT, or related fields, or 1- 3 years of experience
- Enthusiasm for helping others quickly process and resolve issues, have an overall comfort in a support role
- Highly analytical mindset
- Precise attention to detail, commitment to a quality product
- Strong aesthetic, design composition and typographic abilities
- Strong knowledge word processing and other Office applications
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
- Must be technologically independent and able to work as part of a virtual team.
- Self-motivated with the ability to track, prioritize, and follow up on multiple projects
- Strong analytical skills and comfort to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Canvas Learning Management (LMS)
- Experience with software solutions, such as, Smartsheet, Evaluation Kit, Tableau, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and/or SQL Server Reporting Studio or the ability to quickly learn software solutions.
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous work in a support role