Nursing Faculty - ABSN Program
Primarily responsible for facilitating, conducting clinical experiences and simulation across the curriculum using best evidence based practices to facilitate student learning. As a Clinical Lead faculty member of an Extended Campus, the primary responsibility is the implementation of the academic programs. Clinical Lead Faculty are assigned teaching responsibilities in a clinical or lab course and are expected to contribute to achievement of the missions of teaching, research, and service.
Also responsible for facilitating simulation across the curriculum using best evidence based practices to facilitate student learning. Troubleshooting, maintenance and operation of high, mid and low fidelity manikins and scenarios. Clinical Lead Faculty assigned teaching responsibilities in a clinical or lab course and are expected to contribute to achievement of the missions of teaching, research, and service. Faculty is accountable to the Director of Nursing Services (DNS) and Associate Dean for Academic Programs
Academic Partner: Marian University Accelerated BSN Program
Location: 9002 Purdue Road, Indianapolis, IN
Area of Specialty: Adult Health and Med Surg
Schedule: 12 month position, Mon-Fri standard business hours
Benefits PTO: fully eligible
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Facilitate effective student learning in the appropriate clinical/lab setting and via the online learning environment.
* Provide adequate guidance for students in the clinical/lab setting related to professionalism, practice, and research.
* Ensure effective evaluations of student practice.
* Provide a supportive learning environment.
* Provide feedback about the teaching/learning process to Course Coordinators when designated by administrators.
* Provide feedback on progress to DNS and ABSN Director.
* Practice: Evidence of a minimum of two years of successful professional nursing practice.
* Teaching Experience: Evidence of a minimum two years of teaching experience (preferred).
Education and Certifications
* Master's degree in nursing is desired or currently enrolled in a Master’s program.
* Additional ongoing certifications and training desired.