Nursing Education Instructor
Orbis Education has partnered with Averett University in Norfolk by offering an Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program. Students will complete coursework via online learning and complete nursing skills and simulation experiences at the ABSN Learning Site, with clinical rotations in the Norfolk area with Bon Secours Health System.
We are seeking a full-time instructor to oversee students in the lab, simulation, and clinical rotations. As a Clinical & Lab Instructor, the primary responsibility is the implementation of the academic programs. Instructors are assigned teaching responsibilities in a clinical or lab course and are expected to contribute to achievement of the missions of teaching, research, and service. If you are a Nurse Educator that has been thinking about shaping the next generation of nurses in the academic and clinical setting, this is the role for you!
Academic Partner: Averett University Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Target hire: Fall, 2021
Site Address: 6320 North Center Drive, Norfolk VA
Schedule: Full time benefits eligible, Mon-Fri standard business hours, 40 hours per week with schedule flexibility
What You Will Do:
- Facilitate effective student learning in the clinical/lab setting and via the online learning environment
- Provide adequate guidance for students in the clinical/lab setting related to professionalism, practice, and research
- Collaborate effectively with the Healthcare Partner and its staff and support clinical adjunct faculty when needed
- Maintain and Teach Nursing Knowledge Maintain current knowledge of the extended campuses Nursing curriculum, policies, and requirements
- Maintains clinical competence and knowledge in area of expertise
What You Will Have:
- An ability to develop, support and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, students, and adjunct clinical faculty
- Evidence of two years of successful professional nursing practice.
- Evidence of two years of teaching experience (preferred). Ability to provide a supportive learning environment for students
- Experience working in a simulation environment with high and low fidelity mannequins a plus
- Confidence with AV equipment, learning management platforms and student database systems
- Master's degree in nursing is required
- RN licensure
- Additional ongoing certifications and training desired