Multimedia & Front End Developer I
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Learning Objects
- Analyze learning object development requests and advise on technical implementation.
- Present timely delivery of completed learning objects and applications.
- Responsible for programming web-based learning objects including projects with complex technical material and design.
Monitor and Improve Quality of Learning Objects
- Ensure quality and consistency of learning objects.
- Monitor effectiveness and usability of learning objects and applications developed.
- Remain current with and have a thorough understanding of the latest industry technologies, tools, and trends in online education and instructional media.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to improve learning objects and applications.
LMS API/LTI Development
- Exchange of learning object outcomes data with LMS/LTI integration.
- Enhance learning object capabilities with LMS API integration.
- Work with the Product Development and E-Learning Teams to update and troubleshoot learning objects and applications as necessary.
- Ensure continued functionality of learning objects throughout their lifespans and browser/technology updates
- Produce technical documentation as required for projects and processes.
- Participate in special projects as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Ability to write straightforward, clean, and commented code
- Understanding of cross-browser and mobile compatibility
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
- Possess excellent time management skills in handling multiple priorities with individual deadlines.
- Adapt to a rapidly changing environment and work creatively and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Communicates continually with the project teams - Explains progress on the development effort
- Strong experience developing, programming, and supporting content for learning management systems.
- Ability to implement 3rd party APIs (application programming interface) for LMS (Learning Management Systems) referencing LMS programming manuals.
- Experience with design and media development tools such as Adobe Flash & Flash Builder, Adobe/Apache Flex, and ActionScript 3 very beneficial.
- Experience with ColdFusion and SQL development would be beneficial.
- Education and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree or any combination of equivalent certifications, experience and/or education in Computer Science, Software Development, or a related field.
- 3+ years of work experience in a related web development position.
- Source code & examples are required for consideration.