PRIMARY JOB OBJECTIVES
Work with the Team Lead to maintain and enhance the operational deployment of the Learning Management System(s). Assist the team to Integrate and Implement Orbis Systems with University IT interfaces such as Single-Sign-On (SSO), Student Information Systems (SIS), LTI Tools, and Testing Platforms. Assist in the creation, deployment, and maintenance of reporting data for the LMS(s). Create and maintain automation of process and data exchange between systems. Train, mentor, and develop the E-Learning staff. Support students, faculty, partners, and the E-Learning team responding to technical inquiries while assisting in the configuration and deployment of university level courses on the LMS(s). Provide Tier 3 support for Exam Platforms - Blackboard, Canvas, Sakai, ect.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for supporting and enhancing all facets of online course delivery. This includes the following areas:
Lead, maintain and enhance the operational deployment of the Learning Management System(s).
- Work with the System Administrator (SA) to setup the LMS(s) with the vendor(s)
- Work with the SA to configure and maintain the infrastructure required to deploy and support the LMS(s)
- Work with the SA to Implement Best Practices & Policies to maintain growth on the system(s)
- Support the SA to act in a Tier 2-3 capacity to escalate and resolve all issues & or tickets with the vendor.
- Other duties as assigned
Assist the team to Integrate and Implement Orbis Systems with University IT interfaces such as SSO, SIS, LTI Tools and Testing Platforms
- Work with the SA to Configure and Maintain LTI interfaces with the University SIS
- Work with the SA to Configure and Maintain the Testing Platform & interfaces with the vendor(s) and corresponding interfaces.
Assist in the creation, deployment, and maintenance of reporting data for the LMS(s).
- Assist the Systems team in the creation, deployment, and maintenance of data reporting for Finance and Academics
Create and maintain automation of process and data exchange between systems.
- Automate data exchange between partner systems and LMS(s)
- Automate the creation of reports for internal distribution
Assist in the training and deployment of all facets of the remote proctored locations.
- Configure, Maintain, and Support the Operational Deployment of the Online Testing platforms
- Be familiar with all testing scenarios and configurations, including hardware, platform, and programs
- Assist the SA to provide training to all remote site personnel who are accountable to proctored testing
Support students, faculty, partners, and the E-Learning team responding to technical inquiries while assisting in the configuration and deployment of university level courses on the LMS(s).
- Support students and faculty with both Tier 1 (accessing content, basic hardware troubleshooting, system settings) and Tier 2 issues (LMS course configuration and deployment issues, exam setup and deployment).
- Expand the documentation and support for Tier 1 & Tier 2 issues.
- Interface and maintain help desk Tier 1, and Tier 2 communications.
Provide Tier 3 support for Exam Platforms - Blackboard, Canvas, Sakai, ect.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose LTI configuration challenges
- Identify user settings challenges
- Identify UI challenges
- Enthusiasm for helping others quickly resolve issues, have an overall comfort in a support role
- High attention to detail, commitment to a quality product
- Strong troubleshooting skillset.
- Knowledge of fundamental web design principles or online learning platforms
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
- Must be technologically independent and able to work as part of a virtual team.
- Self-motivated with the ability to track, prioritize, and follow up on multiple projects
- Strong analytical skills and comfort to work in a fast-paced environment
- Preferred Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a System Administration/database analyst or similar support role.
- Experience with Learning Management (LMS) and Learning Content Management Systems (LCMS) such as ANGEL, Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, Moodle, Sakai, ect.
- Experience with process automation and related systems, Cold Fusion, SSIS, etc.
- Database knowledge, MS SQL, Oracle, Datatel, Unidata, ect.
- Knowledge of Hardware Configuration, Support and Repair
- Comfort troubleshooting on user and staff Helpdesk issues, both PC & Mac
- Server experience Windows, Linux
- Aptitude with Lecture Capture Software (Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia)
- Education and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Education, Educational/Instructional Technology, Interactive Media Design, Technology or related field preferred, not required.