Level II Fieldwork Educator OTA
The Level II Fieldwork Educator OTA is a dynamic clinician with a passion for clinical education. They are assigned a small group of students and are responsible for the development of their clinical skills and professional behaviors during a 8 week fieldwork experience. Preceptors must have an interest and motivation in mentoring and developing professional behaviors and attitudes in emerging OTA student learners.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate clear and understandable objectives to OTA students for successful functioning in clinical and human services environments.
- Serve as liaison between the student, the fieldwork site, and the university in order to create and sustain successful learning for the OTA student and advocacy for the population served.
- Provide constructive feedback for students during the fieldwork experience.
- Complete a Performance Evaluation with each student.
- Share results of Performance Evaluation with Academic Fieldwork Coordinator at conclusion of fieldwork experience.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) or registered Occupational Therapist (OTR) OR
- Licensed Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant in the state of TX
- Minimum of 3 years clinical practice following initial certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current occupational therapy practice.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate using multiple communication platforms (e-mail, video-chat, and teleconference).
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Creative problem-solving and collaboration skills with ability to guide and motivate.
- High level of professionalism and confidence with a positive and optimistic attitude.
- Ability to establish positive relationships with student and to promote their success.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.