Level 1 Fieldwork Educator
We are seeking OTs or OTAs for a part-time position teaching clinical skills labs (schedule varies per semester). You will have the opportunity to work with students who are enrolled in an online OTA program. You will teach the lab portion of courses in skills labs. As part of your teaching responsibilities, you will grade student performance in lab, prepare for lab, maintain equipment and provide feedback to students to facilitate development of clinical and professional skills. This position is approximately 30-40 hours per semester, including preparation, skills labs, grading and monthly meetings.
Academic Partner: St. Catherine University OTA Program
Schedule: Mon-Wed, 9am to 4pm, 2 rotations per semester (6 per year)
COVID-19 Vaccination: Required
What you will have:
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) or Registered Occupational Therapist (OTR) OR
- Licensed Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant; minimum of 3 years clinical practice following initial certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current occupational therapy practice.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate using multiple communication platforms (email, video-chat, and teleconference).
- Creative problem-solving and collaboration skills with the ability to guide and motivate others.
- High level of professionalism, confidence, and resilience with a positive and optimistic attitude.
- Ability to establish positive relationships with student to promote their success
- Ability to work with others in different areas of the country and understand cultural differences.
- An ability and willingness to bring creativity and positive energy to the fieldwork site and to share with students through experiential learning.
What you will do:
- Teach lab portion of courses, in collaboration with online course instructor during skills labs (schedule varies per semester).
- Establish positive relationships with students to engage, encourage and mentor students to prepare them for success
- Evaluate student performance and provide direct quality feedback
- Grade lab activities according to grading policies of the University and course requirements
- Utilize online course management system to assume responsibility for lab content and knowledge of course materials, as well as to communicate with students and course instructors
- Participate in monthly adjunct faculty meetings and continuing education online in the evenings
- Maintain lab equipment through proper storage, identification of need for equipment orders and respect for lab facility policies