Full Time Nursing Clinical Instructor - $5000 Sign-on Bonus!!!
Orbis Education has partnered with Concordia University in Portland by offering an Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program. Students complete theory instruction via online learning, nursing skills in the lab and simulation environment and their clinical rotations in the Greater Portland area. We are seeking full time Clinical Instructors to oversee students in the clinical setting. As Clinical Instructor, the primary responsibility is the implementation of the academic program. Instructors are assigned teaching responsibilities overseeing students completing their clinical rotations at our clinical partner sites in the Greater Portland area. Help support the next generation of nurses in your community!
Academic Partner: Concordia University Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Clinical Areas: Med Surg, Mental Health, Women’s Health, Pediatrics, Population Health, Geriatrics
Schedule: 40 hours per week. Instructors will be assigned to student clinical rotation shifts that vary between 9-12 hours.
Benefits: Full time, benefits eligible position; including free tuition
Sign on bonus: $5000 eligibility
What You Will Do:
- Facilitate effective student learning in the clinical setting and via the online learning environment
- Partner with Clinical Lead Faculty to ensure course alignment in the clinical setting
- Provide adequate guidance for students in the clinical/lab setting related to professionalism, practice, and research
- Collaborate effectively with the Healthcare Partner and its staff and support clinical adjunct faculty when needed
- Maintain and Teach Nursing Knowledge Maintain current knowledge of the extended campuses Nursing curriculum, policies, and requirements
- Maintains clinical competence and knowledge in area of expertise
- Grading, skills check off, lab support and student office hours
What You Will Have:
- An ability to develop, support and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, students, clinical affiliates and adjunct clinical faculty
- Evidence of two years of successful professional nursing practice with an MSN, five years of experience with a BSN
- Evidence of two years of teaching/precepting experience (preferred). Ability to provide a supportive learning environment for students
- OR RN licensure required, WA RN license a plus
- MSN required or BSN with commitment to enroll in an MSN program upon hire (inquire about tuition policy)