Extended Reality Simulation Specialist - Remote
The Extended Reality Simulation Specialist (XRSS) serves as a technical expert for virtual reality (VR), mixed reality (MR), and augmented reality (AR) simulation activities developed to enhance the undergraduate nursing student learning experience. The ideal candidate will possess experiences that demonstrate the abilities essential to implementing the extended reality (XR) environments. The candidate must be able to coordinate the physical and technical components of the learning experiences, including but not limited to programming, maintaining, and troubleshooting equipment required for implementation of XR environments. Additional responsibilities include loaning equipment to approved partners across multiple locations, facilitating scheduling and organizing across partnerships; preparing equipment for shipping, tracking; etc.). The XRSS will education and train Simulation Operations Specialists (SOSs) and nursing clinical faculty on the care and handling of equipment and the activities required to implement XR simulations independently, including responsibilities of shipping/transporting and maintaining simulation equipment.
The XRSS should have an excellent customer service and communication skillset. The XRSS is responsible for interfacing with various internal and external departments to ensure success with Extended Reality simulation implementation, scheduling and training. Occasional public speaking, frequent travel, and weekend/evening availability, will be required. The successful candidate will function and serve under the guidance of the Product Development team and SIM Education Coordinator.
PRIMARY JOB OBJECTIVES:
Extended Reality (XR) simulation implementation support and scheduling. Educating and training partner university program site SOSs and nursing clinical faculty to implement Extended Reality (XR) simulations Provide technology support for Extended Reality (XR) simulations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement the Extended Reality (XR) simulation Implementation process
- Schedule XR simulations across partnerships.
- Ensure uptime and optimum efficiency of equipment.
- Schedule and coordinate shipping and travel of equipment.
- Track hardware inventory and status.
Train site SOSs and nursing clinical faculty to implement Extended Reality (XR) simulations
- Coordinate and/or assist with hands-on training for SOSs and demos for nursing clinical faculty.
- Training of site SOS, faculty, and other support staff, in person or at a distance, as needed.
- Schedule, coordinate and/or assist with student group sessions.
- Document educational technology platform processes and procedures.
- Provide training as needed for Product Development solutions and other simulation type equipment
Provide technology support to partners for Extended Reality (XR) simulations
- Oversee simulation equipment shipping, check-in, and check-out
- Support the roll-out of new XR simulations
- Installing software and OS updates on XR simulation equipment
- Troubleshoot technical issues with XR equipment
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Function as a backup Simulation Operations Specialist (SOS) in periods of high demand