Director, Nursing Education - ABSN
The Director of Nursing Services is accountable for providing leadership and management of the hybrid accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) learning site in collaboration with the university and health care partner(s). Nursing services may include scheduling, proctoring, skills laboratory, clinical placement and compliance, and simulation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for operational management and development of clinical, lab, and simulation activities so as to meet agreed organizational and university partner goals and outcomes
- Establish and maintain appropriate organizational systems for measuring necessary aspects of operational management and development
- Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timelines
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff ensuring organizational and university partner qualifications, certifications, and requirements are completed upon hire and annually
- Secure and manage equipment and supplies to ensure implementation of all clinical, lab and Simulation activities
- Collaborate with ABSN Director to ensure delivery of services to students
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and other regulatory compliance guidelines.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises all assigned staff. Responsible for hiring and managing all performance-related aspects of staff.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly effective communication skills and a command of the English language
- Stays abreast of current and emerging trends in nursing, technology, state and/or federal requirements, and higher education
- Effective planning and organizational skills with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Effective relationship management skills
- Effective problem solving, judgment, and sound decision-making skills
- Excellent time management and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Proficient with computer software, such as MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated administrative leadership skills in managing growth and resources.
- Effective coaching, counseling, mentoring and advising skills
- Pass background check and drug screen.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years nursing practice, 3 years of which must be teaching in a program of nursing accredited by a nationally recognized association approved by the Board or an agency authorized by law to accredit such programs
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive academic and leadership experience, including supervision of personnel
- Online teaching experience strongly preferred
- Academic leadership experience strongly preferred
- Must have a Master’s Degree with a major in Nursing and a Doctorate Degree in Nursing or a related field from an accredited school
- Licensure as a registered nurse (RN) in Nevada
- NLN certification as nurse educator (CNE) preferred
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000031530