Director, Nursing Education - ABSN
The Director Nursing Services is accountable for ensuring continuous improvement of a student-centered learning experience in collaboration with the education partner. The student experience includes all curricular (coursework, laboratory experiences, clinical), co-curricular (academic enrichment, success planning, support services) and extracurricular (community engagement, professional development, career planning) activities. Key areas of responsibility include: 1) Assisting with the recruitment, monitoring, and development of adjunct faculty members/clinical instructors; 2) establishing clinical partner sites and managing relationships with site; 3) assigning clinical placements based on learning outcomes; 4) maintaining site facilities, equipment, and supplies; 5) facilitating student academic progression through advising, coaching, and brokering referrals; 6) participating in community and professional activities that bring distinction to Orbis Education and education partner school. The manger is an experienced nurse leader with a track record of achieving challenging goals who holds a graduate degree in nursing and is eligible for RN licensure in state of site (or possesses an unencumbered RN license in the state.
Academic Partner: Concordia St. Paul Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Target hire: 12/1/2020
Schedule: 12-month, full time, benefits eligible position, Mon-Fri standard business hours
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and facilitate New Student Orientation
- Manage and facilitate academic enrichment activities including tutoring, review sessions, success planning/remediation, coaching and other services as appropriate
- Identify areas for and participate in continuous improvement processes for learning activities in collaboration with education partner leaders and faculty.
- Ensure validity and reliability (in collaboration with faculty) of all student assessment and evaluation processes
- Advise, coach, and mentor students for academic success
- Manage and monitor (in collaboration with faculty) success plans for at-risk students
- Facilitate integration of and success planning with standardized testing products (if applicable).
- Monitor and promote academic integrity
- Ensure compliance with ADA requirements and associated reasonable accommodations.
- Monitor and evaluate all site associated learning activities to assure compliance with curricular, accreditation, and regulatory standards
- Establish new clinical learning sites
- Ensure that clinical affiliation agreements are in place
- Assign students and faculty to clinical placements to meet learning outcomes
- Ensure all clinical activities are congruent with the curriculum and meet quality, accreditation, and regulatory standards.
- Collaborate with clinical partner site staff to provide optimal student-centered clinical learning activities and environment
- Evaluate quality of, satisfaction with, and appropriateness of clinical sites
- Recruit and orient FT & adjunct faculty associated with site.
- Develop and implement professional individual development plans (in collaboration with faculty) related to teaching/learning for FT faculty.
- Mentor and coach FT and adjunct faculty for effective student-centered teaching/learning practices.
- Plan and facilitate professional development activities to enhance teaching/learning.
- Supervise and evaluate (as delegated by education partner) FT and adjunct faculty.
- Assist with student recruitment
- Contribute to the overall success of the site team and company as a whole.
- Supervise and evaluate academic support staff (if applicable)
- Track, synthesize, and disseminate to stakeholders individual and aggregate student academic outcomes
- Track quality metrics, maintain established benchmarks, initiate and deploy quality improvement strategies when indicated
- Maintain physical facilities, equipment, and supplies in accordance with Orbis, partner school, accreditation, and regulatory standards.
- Allocate resources (human, space, equipment, supplies, etc.) to effectively meet student and operational outcomes
- Provide sound business case for all requests for investment of additional resources including human, capital, and operating
- Develop in collaboration with other stakeholders and within establish corporate guidelines site annual operating budget
- Justify all budget variances =10%
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
- Data-driven/evidence-based decision making skills
- Self-directed with the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities on a daily basis
- Commitment to excellence in quality nursing education at the baccalaureate level or higher
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 7 years nursing practice with demonstrated evidence of accountability for systems-level outcomes (including management of human resources)
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience (must include clinical teaching) at the baccalaureate level or higher in nursing. Inclusion of online teaching experience strongly preferred
- Academic leadership experience strongly preferred
- Holds a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university; AND
- Holds a graduate degree in nursing from an accredited program (CCNE or ACEN) within a regionally accredited college or university AND
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in state of site locations and eligibility for RN licensure in state of educational partner, if required
- NLN Certification as nurse education (CNE) preferred