Director Content and Creative
The Director of Creative and Content will lead a growing creative team, including Multimedia (design, videography, and photography), and Copywriting/Story Development. The Creative and Content Team is responsible for the strategic development of messages and content deliverables with the primary purpose of inquiry generation for university partners. The Director of Creative and Content will collaborate with other marketing and admissions teams to identify and execute creative and content needs, which include inbound and paid digital assets, broadcast spots, video, social media content, email content, and print material. In addition, the Director of Creative and Content engage with other marketing teams on inquiry generation, market trends, consumer needs, and the competitive landscape to strategically shape messaging and content production across multiple media.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prioritize work and resources across all university partner programs, establishing production schedules by collaborating with designers, copywriters, and production staff
- Spearhead and manage an efficient and scalable creative and content strategy for multiple university clients
- Develop and map both short-term and long-term creative and content strategies and continuously monitor and determining which methods work for the brand and why
- Respond to creative briefs and use audience and market insights to shape compelling concepts and consumer-focused messaging designed to meet stated business goals.
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with the team to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner
- Develop and oversee a creative concept process and cycle, which includes the creation and maintenance of creative messaging presentations
- Review and approve art and copy produced by the group, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges
- Oversee the on-going building of an inventory of raw assets (b-roll, photos, case studies, testimonials) needed to build rich packages.
- Develop streamlined and efficient processes for content production and delivery
- Ensure brand and creative standards are consistently met across different markets.
- Function as a copywriter, and provide input on art direction as needed
- Conduct periodic competitive audits
- Manage team budget and expenses
- Oversee content project management and proofing/routing processes
- Assign tasks and ensure deadlines are met.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, or comparable disciplines.
- Managing a creative team of 10+ members in an agency a plus
- 5-7 years of experience creating marketing campaigns from development to production on time and on budget
- Experience creating integrated content across marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, offline and print
- Proven experience with concept development
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Prior experience with copywriting, design, or production
- Previous project management experience a plus