Account Manager- Community and Corporate Relations
Under limited direct supervision, the Director of Community and Corporate Relations builds relationships, alliances, and partnerships in the local community that will help facilitate program and brand awareness as well as promote student starts from feeder schools, healthcare partners, individuals, and community relationships. This position is an outside sales role requiring business development and account management experience, with the majority of activity occurring outside of the site setting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Community and Corporate Relations is responsible for promoting the program by developing relationships in the community and increasing awareness of our Orbis-affiliated program(s) as well as schedule, organize, and attend events at companies, organizations, and local community events to increase awareness and generate awareness to support site starts and objectives. This includes the following areas:
- Widen the market by developing relationships in the community to either recruit or encourage those in relationship to refer students to start.
- Facilitate student starts by effectively selling Orbis-affiliated programs to community members who could refer prospective students.
- Develop new relationships and organize ways to create new connections by prospecting, cold calling, networking, and appointment setting.
- Identify, attend, and/or host meetings, events, community efforts, and one on one meetings that either directly influences student starts or influences students, faculty, alumni, the prospect pipelines to start or be aware of program.
- Develop innovative methods for community awareness and relationship development within the community.
- Participate in civic affairs, community and business organizations and attends career fairs, trade shows and conferences in order to promote a positive image of the brand and program for new student recruitment.
- Stay current with trends and initiatives within the educational and healthcare industries.
- Gather and communicate strategic information to site and executive leadership.
- Identify articulation agreement opportunities with potential partner institutions
- Maintain all recorded data within CRM system to produce activity reports in a clear and concise format.
- Coordinate prospect, brand and program awareness efforts with site admissions team and P&L owner to ensure that prospects are starting program(s).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Highly motivated, self-driven, results-oriented, and persistent with a strategic mindset.
- Self-starter with an ability to self-manage and exceed expectation in a metrics-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills (to both small and large groups).
- Strong ability to network and develop new business relationships.
- Ability to make ethical decisions, doing what is always best for the students as well as the company.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of nursing programs of study.
- Minimum 3-5 years of successful experience in sales, business development and account management.
- Experience in higher education market and/or comparable job function or industry preferred.
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or comparable field.
- Must have a valid driver's license applicable to the state in which position is located.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends when needed.