Clinical Placement Coordinator
The Clinical Placement Coordinator (CPC) implements and evaluates strategic partnerships with healthcare organizations and community agencies to support the education of students in the hybrid iIrect Entry MSN program. The CPC is responsible for the acquisition and maintenance of clinical placements for students, based on the established curriculum. The CPC obtains the compliance requirements for each agency; communicates these to students and faculty; and documents completion of agency-specific requirements.
The CPC reports to the Director of Nursing Services (DNS) and works closely with the Education Coordinator and the Program Director of the Marquette Program.
- Identify the number of clinical placements needed each semester, in accordance with the curriculum and expected enrollment.
- Maintain a database including agency contact information, requests and placement confirmation or denial, and clinical compliance requirements.
- Maintain a database with clinical faculty contact information, placement confirmation, and compliance with agency-specific requirements.
- Manage administrative activities associated with clinical placement of the DE students and faculty, including adherence to all agency-specific requirements.
- Maintain the Learning Management System site regarding agency-specific requirements.
- Coordinate with responsible healthcare partner staff members to ensure students remain in compliance with healthcare partners’ clinical requirements through the duration of the program.
- Manage student communication regarding clinical assignments, site requirements and healthcare partners’ clinical requirements.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff in preparing and orienting students to healthcare partners.
- Serve as liaison between the personnel at each healthcare partner and the DE Director of Nursing Services (DNS) and University partner’s faculty and staff.
- Represent the ABSN program at clinical agency consortium meetings.
- Prepare reports as assigned
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Knowledge, understanding and commitment to the mission and values of University partner and the healthcare partners
- Administrative abilities consistent with the requirements of the position, including strong organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and consultative working style
- Strong commitment to foster collaboration within the health care systems.
- Strength and experience in maintaining professional relationships
- Proficiency with technology, including Office applications (Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)