Clinical Placement Coordinator
The Clinical Placement Coordinator (CPC) implements and evaluates strategic partnerships with healthcare organizations and community agencies to support the education of students in the hybrid ABSN program. The CPC is responsible for the acquisition and maintenance of clinical placements for students, based on the established curriculum. The CPC obtains the compliance requirements for each agency; communicates these to students and faculty; and documents completion of agency-specific requirements.
The CPC reports to the Director of Nursing Academic Services (DNAS) and works closely with the Heather Mathias, ABSN Director of Nursing.
Academic Partner: Averett University, Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Site Address: 6320 North Center Drive, Norfolk, VA
Target Hire: March, 2021
Schedule: Full time, benefits eligible, Mon-Fri standard business hours
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify the number of clinical placements needed each semester, in accordance with the curriculum and expected enrollment.
- Identify potential healthcare partners for clinical placements and initiate communication with appropriate individuals at the healthcare partners.
- Facilitate the acquisition and maintenance of clinical affiliation agreements between the healthcare partners and the University partner.
- Maintain a database including agency contact information, requests and placement confirmation or denial, and clinical compliance requirements.
- Maintain a database with clinical faculty contact information, placement confirmation, and compliance with agency-specific requirements.
- Manage administrative activities associated with clinical placement of the ABSN students and faculty, including adherence to all agency-specific requirements.
- Maintain the Learning Management System site regarding agency-specific requirements.
- Coordinate with responsible healthcare partner staff members to ensure students remain in compliance with healthcare partners’ clinical requirements through the duration of the program.
- Manage student communication regarding clinical assignments, site requirements and healthcare partners’ clinical requirements.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff in preparing and orienting students to healthcare partners.
- Serve as liaison between the personnel at each healthcare partner and the ABSN Director of Nursing Academic Services (DNAS) and University partner’s faculty and staff.
- Represent the ABSN program at clinical agency consortium meetings.
- Travel to clinical sites and the healthcare partners’ campuses
- Prepare reports as assigned
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge, understanding and commitment to the mission and values of University partner and the healthcare partners
- Administrative abilities consistent with the requirements of the position, including strong organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and consultative working style
- Strong commitment to foster collaboration within the health care systems.
- Strength and experience in maintaining professional relationships
- Proficiency with technology, including Office applications (Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)