Clinical Lead Faculty - Sign on bonus!
Orbis Education has partnered with Concordia University in Portland by offering an Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) Program. Students complete theory instruction via online learning, nursing skills in the lab and simulation environment and their clinical rotations in the Greater Portland area. We are seeking a full-time faculty member to oversee students in the Fundamentals skills and simulation labs. As Clinical Lead Faculty member, the primary responsibility is the implementation of the academic programs. Instructors are assigned teaching responsibilities in a clinical or lab course and are expected to contribute to achievement of the missions of teaching, research, and service.
Academic Partner: Concordia University, ABSN
Academic Focus: Fundamental Nursing, Community Health, Pharmacology and OB/Peds welcome to apply
Site Addresses: 9600 SW Barnes Road, Beaverton & 11703 NE Glenn Widing Drive, Portland
Schedule: Monday thru Friday, full time benefits eligible role with free tuition!
Sign on bonus: $5000 eligibility
What You Will Do:
- Facilitate effective student learning in the clinical/lab setting and via the online learning environment
- Partner with Adjunct Clinical Faculty to ensure course alignment in the clinical setting
- Provide adequate guidance for students in the clinical/lab setting related to professionalism, practice, and research
- Collaborate effectively with the Healthcare Partner and its staff and support clinical adjunct faculty when needed
- Maintain and Teach Nursing Knowledge Maintain current knowledge of the extended campuses Nursing curriculum, policies, and requirements
- Maintains clinical competence and knowledge in area of expertise
What You Will Have:
- An ability to develop, support and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, students, clinical affiliates and adjunct clinical faculty
- Evidence of two years of successful professional nursing practice
- Evidence of two years of teaching experience (preferred). Ability to provide a supportive learning environment for students
- Experience working in a simulation environment with high and low fidelity mannequins a plus
- Confidence with AV equipment, learning management platforms and student database systems
- OR RN licensure required
- Additional ongoing certifications and training desired