Clinical Lab Instructor - Sign On Bonus $5000
As a Clinical/Lab Faculty and faculty member of an Extended Campus, the primary responsibility is the implementation of the academic programs in the lab and simulation setting. Nursing Instructors are assigned teaching responsibilities in a clinical or lab course and are expected to contribute to achievement of the missions of teaching, research, and service. Instructors report to the Director, Nursing Services.
Academic Partner: Averett University, Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Address: 6320 North Center Drive, Norfolk VA
Schedule: Mon-Fri schedule, standard business hours
Benefits: full benefits portfolio including free tuition!
Sign on bonus: $5000 eligibility
What You Will Do:
- Facilitate effective student learning in the clinical/lab setting and via the online learning environment
- Provide adequate guidance for students in the clinical/lab setting related to professionalism, practice, and research
- Collaborate effectively with the Healthcare Partner and its staff and support clinical adjunct faculty when needed
- Maintain and Teach Nursing Knowledge Maintain current knowledge of the extended campuses Nursing curriculum, policies, and requirements
- Maintains clinical competence and knowledge in area of expertise
What You Will Have:
- An ability to develop, support and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, students, and adjunct clinical faculty
- Evidence of two years of successful professional nursing practice.
- Evidence of two years of teaching experience (preferred). Ability to provide a supportive learning environment for students
- Experience working in a simulation environment with high and low fidelity mannequins a plus
- Confidence with AV equipment, learning management platforms and student database systems
- Master's degree in nursing is required
- Additional ongoing certifications and training desired