Admissions managers at Orbis Education are focused on cultivating and motivating both staff and students to achieve their career goals every day. Admissions managers work with each member of the team to continue their development to be the best version of themselves through constant coaching and mentoring. Admissions managers collaborate across departments and maintain relationships with key counterparts at our partners.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage Student Recruitment and Retention
- Collaborate with Senior Admissions Manager on final responsibility and accountability for team’s admissions goals and student starts with achievement or over-achievement of budgeted starts.
- Ensure complete compliance with all necessary regulations regarding school and recruitment operations and all Orbis Education recruitment and retention processes.
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies to attract students in coordination with marketing.
- Works with Admissions to provide management accurate daily performance reports related to recruitment program effectiveness and future start populations.
- Collaborate with Senior Admissions Manager to receive admission reports and decisions from the partner to direct assistance and follow-up with students as necessary.
- May require maintaining relationship with key contacts at the university in order to keep the lines of communication open about what’s best for the student, our partner and our company.
Manage Admissions Team
- Positively and with consistency, coach, mentor and train admissions advisors in partnership with the Quality Assurance & Training teams.
- With the Senior Admissions Manager, establish goals for admissions advisors and administer performance reviews monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Works with Senior Admissions Manager to direct the follow-up activity of admissions advisors to convert prospects to applicants and ensure adequate checks and balances in admissions/enrollment process to prevent unrealistic expectations of prospective students in regards to their objective.
- Monitors, verifies, and maintains accurate and timely data entry integrity within CRM.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must thrive within a competitive sales atmosphere, setting and meeting or overachieving on goals.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to sell the institution and communicate effectively with all levels of the company and external business partners.
- Must be a strong leader and skillful manager that possesses the change management and flexibility needed to maintain peak performance.
- High degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Strong team building skills to foster collaboration with a remote team and expanding company.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in a hands-on capacity at all times. This position supervises a small, local team.
Education and Certifications
Bachelor's degree preferred.
Management experience preferred, ideally in a higher education admissions environment.
Experience working in a goal-oriented environment or student enrollment operation.
Experience managing a team or multiple teams within a sales or customer service organization preferred.