The Admissions Support Coordinator is a results-oriented professional who serves as the first point of contact for prospective students thru multiple methods including online chat, phone and email. The Admissions Support Coordinator is responsible for delivering accurate information to potential students, qualifying potential students, and for scheduling admissions appointments for qualified students. The Admissions Support Coordinator will also respond to information requests via social media outlets. The Admissions Support Coordinator is highly motivated and passionate about achieving goals and meeting deadlines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for being the first impression for Orbis’ and its partners and for setting admissions appointments for qualified students. This includes the following areas:
Act as the first point of contact and first impression for potential students considering enrolling in one of Orbis’ programs Respond immediately to all chat correspondences and social media questions from potential students. Answer all questions for potential students in an accurate, professional, and positive manner. Encourage potential students to schedule an admissions appointment to garner all necessary information. Balance the need for information with the responsibility of setting appointments. Pre-qualify potential students through asking qualification questions prior to scheduling appointments. Respond to student inquiries through various communication channels including phone, click-to-chat, social media and email. Manage multiple web sites and screens while effectively communicating with one or more students. Generate an interest in Orbis’ partners, sites, and programs through responding to questions on social media channels. Respond immediately to comments, likes, tweets, and other social media communications. Gather contact information from potential students and enter accurately into Orbis’ database. Provide exemplary customer service to our clients and their current/potential customers. Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Confidence, resilience, strong organizational skills and a high level of commitment.
- Positive attitude, high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Strong ability to multitask. Able to manage multiple conversations with potential students at the same time without decreased response time or quality of responses.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as with social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Must have good command of the English language, in both oral and written form. Able to understand what a student is asking and modify answers to address his/her questions.
- Strong communication and customer services skills required; some sales ability encouraged.
- High degree of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Self-directed, with the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of admissions processes, policies, and compliance.
- Education and Certification:
- College Degree preferred but not required