The Admissions Advisor is the heart of the team. These individuals are a driven goal-oriented professional who helps recruits prospective students to healthcare programs, determines student applicants’ admissibility to university partners. They facilitate the new student enrollment process, which includes prospective student and applicant processing and follow-up, in-person recruiting, and community outreach. The Admissions Advisor is highly motivated and passionate about achieving goals, meeting deadlines, and helping shape the future of healthcare.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruits new students to achieve goals for each term.
- Strives to reach and exceed the expected conversion goals for each stage of the recruiting process.
- Interviews prospective students through telephone and face-to-face presentations to determine motivation, interest level and academic qualifications.
- Maintains communication via telephone and email correspondence though all stages of the recruitment and admissions process.
- Enters and records all prospect activities according to company policies.
- Adheres to all Orbis Education and partner policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of the partner's mission, accreditation, history, curriculum, courses, academic policies and faculty.
- Participates in day-to-day operations activities, general administration and special projects of the site.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- High level written and oral communication skills to accurately present information persuasively, professionally and accurately to groups of people.
- Confidence, resilience, strong organizational skills, exceptional persistence, a high level of commitment, and the ability to guide and motivate others.
- Understands the importance of internal communication and teamwork.
- Positive attitude, high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Working knowledge of database and software packages to enter, track, report, analyze and maintain student information.
- Professional and problem-solving approach to admissions issues.
- High degree of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Self-directed, with the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities on a daily basis.
- Willing to implement positive coaching and training on a weekly basis.
- Flexibility to work variable hours, from a site or home including some evenings and weekends.
Experience and Education
- 1-2 years of customer service, sales or marketing experience.
- Higher Education recruiting experience preferred.
- Experience working in a start-up environment or product launch preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required