The Admissions Advisor is a results-oriented professional who recruits prospective students to nursing programs and facilitates the new student enrollment process, which includes academic evaluation and advisement, prospective student and applicant processing and follow-up, in-person recruiting, and community outreach. The Admissions Advisor is highly motivated and passionate about achieving goals and meeting deadlines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruits new students to achieve new student goals for each term.
- Strives to reach the expected conversion goals for each stage of the recruiting process.
- Interviews prospective students through telephone and face-to-face presentations to determine motivation, interest level and academic qualifications.
- Presents and sells the program during internal and external presentations and responds to any prospect needs.
- Enters and records all prospect activities according to company policies.
- Adheres to all Orbis Education and partner policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of the partner's mission, accreditation, history, curriculum, courses, academic policies and faculty.
- Participates in day-to-day operations activities, general administration and special projects of the site.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- High level written and oral communication skills to accurately present information persuasively, professionally and accurately to groups of people.
- Entrepreneurial aptitude in the start-up and growth of an organization.
- Confidence, resilience, strong organizational skills, exceptional persistence, a high level of commitment, and the ability to guide and motivate others.
- Positive attitude, high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Working knowledge of database and software packages to enter, track, report, analyze and maintain student information.
- Professional and problem-solving approach to admissions issues.
- High degree of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Self-directed, with the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of admissions processes, policies, and compliance.
- Ability to work variable hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Experience and Education
- 1-2 years of customer service, sales or marketing experience.
- Call center and/or education recruiting experience preferred.
- Experience working in a start-up environment or product launch preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required