Adjunct Clinical Instructor - Nursing Education
We are seeking for highly energetic, Nursing Clinical Instructors for an Accelerated Bachelor of Science of Nursing program in the Twin Cities. As a Nursing Clinical Instructor and faculty member, the primary responsibility is the clinical education of the students in the ABSN program. Clinical Instructors are assigned teaching responsibilities in a clinical area at our partner health care facilities in the Twin Cities area and are expected to contribute to the education of the students including psychomotor skills, standards of practice, and critical thinking.
Academic Partner: Concordia University
Term Start: Hiring for both Fall, September 2021 and Spring, January 2022 semester starts
Clinical Areas: Med/Surg, Community, Psych, OB, Peds, Geriatrics
Clinical Sites: HCMC, M Health Fairview, and others.
What You Will Do
- Facilitate effective student learning in the assigned clinical setting
- Provide adequate guidance for students in the clinical setting related to professionalism, practice, and research
- Selects and organizes learning activities which facilitate the student’s attainment of the course objectives
- Ensure effective evaluations of student practice
- Promote evidence-based practice
- Provide a supportive learning environment by providing feedback on student progress to supervisory personnel
- Collaborate with other faculty, administration as and with the healthcare partner and its staff
- Attend all required orientation, training and faculty meetings
What You Will Have
- Clinical Competence: Able to function with professional accountability in clinical settings
- Teaching Competence: Able to create a climate conducive to positive student learning
- Technology Competence: Able to use computer technology (Word, Power Point, E-mail, and Internet) at a minimum
- Practice: minimum of two years of successful clinical nursing practice
- Teaching experience: none required; prefer a minimum two years of teaching experience Education and Certifications
- Master's degree in nursing required, or currently enrolled in Master’s program with anticipated completion in the next 12 months or less.
- Current unencumbered RN license in Minnesota
- Able to work 12 hour shifts in a clinical setting if required